Another Finished Project

So I joined the Great Owl Crochet Along over at The Itsy Bitsy Spider and I have finally finished my owl.  I say finally, he really only took me a few days, it just took me a few months to get motivated and put him together.  I am very proud of him.  The yarn is a new one I found at Michael's called Impeccable.  The colors are Grass and Amethyst, green and purple.  He has brown safety eyes, is reading the Saggy baggy elephant, and has glasses made from wire by--well by me.  I will be sending him off to Karla at IBS, for a swap. I can't wait to see which owl I get in return.  I'm thinking of making a bigger one of these for my sister for her library.  She hosts a monthly parent involvement night called the Night Owls. 

Oh, only one week left to get in on the contest for the creature in previous posts.  Don't miss your chance.

Comments

Oh my goodness, I am in love with that owl!!! I just adore his little glasses and book! I wish I had your talent and skill. I need to learn how to crochet.
Tee* said…
i love the colors. so pretty. i was a little late in jumping on the crochet bus... and only recently started perusing the internets for ideas, so missed the great owl crochet along thing... but i am greatly impressed with how yours turned out. :)
Sara said…
Thank you for your comments. I have really enjoyed crocheting and love when new project turns out.
These owls are so cute! I keep meaning to go make an owl off her site. I know the crochet-a-long is over, but I think all the posts are still there, and the more I read about them, the more I want to make one.
Sara said…
Crazymotheringchick--you should make an owl. It was so much fun. I am going to start a bigger one for my sister to put in her school library because she hosts a monthly parent-kid night called Night Owls.
Shanny said…
Hi! I am the happy happy recipient of Oliver Owl-- and thank you! He is precious :) You did an awesome job and I love the story you included with him.

Thank you!
Shanny

Popular Posts